- Time 30 mins
- Makes 25-30
- Difficulty Medium
- 100 g / 3½ oz Barber’s 1833 Vintage Reserve Cheddar, finely grated
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 packet ready-rolled puff pastry
- Heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- In a bowl, mix together the cheese, cayenne pepper and cumin.
- Cut the pastry in half, across. Spread the cheese over one half and place the other half of pastry on top. Press down, then, on a floured surface, roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Cut the pastry into 1 cm strips. Hold the strips at each end and twist in opposite directions. Place the twists on two baking sheets and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove to a cooling rack to cool.