- Time 15 mins
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 slices of bread cut from a traditional white sandwich loaf
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 100 g / 3½ oz Barber’s 1833 Vintage Reserve Cheddar, finely grated
- 2 slices of ham
- 30 g / 1 oz butter
- Heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Thinly spread a little mustard on each slice of bread. Divide half the cheese between two of the bread slices. Top each with a slice of ham and finish with the remaining cheese. Sandwich together with the other 2 slices of bread.
- In a large frying pan with an ovenproof handle, heat the butter until foaming, and fry the sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 4-5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve immediately.