- Time 10 mins
- Difficulty Easy
- 190g / 7oz Barber's 1833 Vintage Reserve Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 100g / 3½oz nduja spreadable Italian sausage
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and sliced
- Some honey
- Sourdough bread
- Lightly toast the bread to prevent a soggy toastie.
- Butter both sides of the bread.
- Spread the Nduja evenly over each slice of bread, be as generous as you like. This can be spicy so adjust to your own taste.
- Lay slices of the pear and apple across the nduja.
- Drizzle over some honey.
- Top with a generous amount of grated cheese, enough to ensure that the cheese oozes out when cooked.
- You can use a toastie maker which will cook both sides evenly or you can do this is a frying pan.
- When cooking in a frying pan, cook on medium heat and cook until both the nduja and the cheese melts. Use a spatula to press down on the bread as it cooks.
- You will need to turn this over a couple of times to ensure that both slices of bread gets toasted.
- Serve hot, while the cheese is still oozing with a cool glass of cider.
With thanks to Eat Cook Explore