- Time 40 mins
- Serves 4
- Difficulty Easy
- 100g / 3 ½oz of Barbers cheddar cheese, grated
- 150g / 5oz chicken fillets
- 4 tsp of salsa
- 8 slices of chorizo
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp of thyme
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Approx 20g / 1oz of pineapple pieces, roughly chopped into small chunks
- Mix together the chilli powder, cumin, coriander, thyme, salt and pepper with the oil to create a marinade for the chicken. Rub the spices into the chicken then wrap in foil and bake at 160c for around 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes then roughly pull apart with a fork.
- Take a tortilla wrap and spread onto one side the chicken, two chorizo slices, a tsp of salsa, pineapple and a handful of cheddar cheese. Keep the salsa in the middle of the other ingredients to avoid leaking later on. Fold the empty side of the tortilla wrap over to create a sandwich.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle pan on a medium heat then fry the quesadilla for around 3 minutes, flip over and fry for a further 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from the pan and carefully cut in half.
- Repeat steps 2-4 with the remaining wraps then serve.
With thanks to Hannah Bakes Things