- Time 45 mins
- Serves 3
- Difficulty Medium
- Serves 3 as a starter or side
- 3 plantains, peeled
- Oil for brushing
- 85g / 3oz Barber's 1833 vintage reserve Cheddar, finely grated
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- Preheat oven to 190C / Gas mark 5.
- Make a lengthways slit along the plantains (leave at least 5 cm at each end so they don't fall apart).
- Brush the plantains with some oil.
- Place plantains on a lightly oiled, lined baking tray and bake for 40 mins turning half way through.
- Remove plantains from the oven, place them slit side up and stuff them with the cheese.
- Return them to the oven and bake for 5 mins or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve plantains warm drizzled with chilli sauce.
Tip: Add some fried bacon along with the cheese.
With thanks to Recipes from a Pantry