- Time 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
- Difficulty Easy
- 125 g / 4 ½ oz Barber's 1833 Vintage Reserve Cheddar, finely grated
- 3 sweet, ripe pears, washed
- 125 g / 4 ½ oz mixed baby leaf salad leaves
- 55 g / 2 oz walnut pieces
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 4 small, cooked beetroot, cut into cubes
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp clear honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat the grill to high. Line a large baking sheet with
baking parchment. Pile dessert spoons of cheese onto
the paper, allowing room for them to spread. Grill for
2-3 minutes until the cheese has formed golden brown,
lacy discs. Leave to cool for a few minutes, until crisp.
You may need to do this in batches.
To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, vinegar,
mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
Cut the pears into quarters, remove the cores and
cut into slices. Place in a salad bowl with the salad
leaves, walnuts and chives. Add halve the cheese wafers
and most of the dressing. Toss together then add the
beetroot and drizzle over the remaining dressing.
Divide between serving plates and arrange the
remaining cheese wafers on top. Serve immediately.brown.