Multi skilled production and process operator (level 3)
About the role:
Working as a Level 3 Multi-skilled production/process operator in our cheese making and processing team. Experience of working in an automated food manufacturing environment would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be given to help learn and understand the art of cheesemaking and other processes within the dairy environment and help you develop and grow within the company.
The role works on a double day shift attracting a 7.5% shift premium on top of the basic hourly rate. 5 days per week Monday to Friday 05:45 until 14:15 one week, then 13:45 until 22:15 the following week.
If you feel you are capable of running production process equipment and ensuring high standards this is a great time to be part of a well-invested local family business that will reward capability with development and growth opportunities.
Daily tasks as a Multi-skilled operator: Some of the daily tasks involved with the Level 3 Production/Process operator role include:
- Operating automated equipment and machinery within Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) – training will be provided.
- Maintaining normal production running by monitoring the production processes and recording results in our quality monitoring system, ensuring we are working within the defined tolerances to make great cheese.
- Using logical reasoning and decision making to adjust machines where necessary to ensure consistent running.
- Work as part of a team to overcome any challenges and develop yourself and others.
- Ensure good audit ready standards at all times.
- Contribute to production performance and quality targets to ensure consistently delivering great quality products to our customers.
- Conscientious team player, contributing to team goals.
- Flexible and adaptable to help teams across different parts of the process (training will be given in all areas).
- Accurate in your daily tasks, with good attention to detail.
- Open minded and accepting of development and change.
- Takes pride in work and results, always looking to improve.
- Working with respect and integrity at all times.
Pay and Benefits:
£12.25 per hour (£13.17 per hour which includes 7.5% shift allowance for a 40-hour week)
£27,391 per year including shift allowance
- 29 days annual leave
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Free on-site parking
- On site farm shop
Applications please email covering email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org